Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Series: Anna and the French Kiss #1
Publication Date: July 16th, 2013
Publisher: Speak 
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance 
Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ TBD
Synopsis: Can Anna find love in the City of Light?

Anna is happy in Atlanta. She has a loyal best friend and a crush on her coworker at the movie theater, who is just starting to return her affection. So she's less than thrilled when her father decides to send her to a boarding school in Paris for her senior year.

But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna meets some cool new people, including the handsome Étienne St. Clair, who quickly becomes her best friend. Unfortunately, he's taken —and Anna might be, too. Will a year of romantic near misses end with the French kiss she's waiting for?

My Rating
5/5 stars

My Review

“The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.” 

I'm usually not a fan of contemporary books, so me giving this book 5 stars is HUGE!

Anna and the French Kiss is one of the cutest and most perfect books I've ever read. It honestly spoke to me in such volumes, I could relate to the main character and I really admire the author's writing.

Anna is sent (against her wishes) to an American School in France. Having to give up her best friend, her crush, and her favourite brother. When Anna makes friends with the girl across the hall, Meredith, she invites Anna to join her and her friend. Etienne is one of a kind, he's handsome, American with a British accent, and flirty beyond compare. The only problem is that Etienne has a girlfriend, and Meredith has had a crush on him for years.

The romance in this story is absolutely perfect. I loved how Anna was described as a fairly average girl, yet she still managed to catch Etienne's eye. Even though there was a bit of insta-love, the romance in this book was fairly realistic, usually when you fall in love there is something stopping you from being together, and Etienne's relationship was the biggest reason, as well as other smaller reasons. 

My favourite part of this book was the travel aspect. It was so wonderful to read about Anna coming out of her shell and exploring France. The settings were described so well, I could feel as if I was standing in Paris myself. The feelings Anna had, brought me back to my travels throughout Europe, at first feeling that difference crashing around you, but then you start getting used to the new area and falling in love with the city. Ugh it was absolutely perfect.

The only thing that I didn't love about this book, was near the end when Etienne still hasn't broken up with Ellie. While I loved it at the beginning, near the end it was being clear that he did not love Ellie anymore and it was just horrible to watch him drag on his relationship with Ellie. 

Overall, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves YA contemporary, or just loves to travel throughout Europe and would like to be taken on a trip back. 

Happy Reading,
Aneta

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't read this one, though it's been on my wishlist for a while. Making a note to self!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You definitely need to read it soon, its a cute one :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Zoe :)
    You made my day

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...