Saturday, July 15, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. With this amazing meme, you can check out which books I've gotten this past week.

From the Library
Windwitch (The Witchlands #2) by Susan Dennard
Sometimes our enemies are also our only allies…

After an explosion destroys his ship, the world believes Prince Merik, Windwitch, is dead. Scarred yet alive, Merik is determined to prove his sister’s treachery. Upon reaching the royal capital, crowded with refugees, he haunts the streets, fighting for the weak—which leads to whispers of a disfigured demigod, the Fury, who brings justice to the oppressed.

When the Bloodwitch Aeduan discovers a bounty on Iseult, he makes sure to be the first to find her—yet in a surprise twist, Iseult offers him a deal. She will return money stolen from him, if he locates Safi. Now they must work together to cross the Witchlands, while constantly wondering, who will betray whom first?

After a surprise attack and shipwreck, Safi and the Empress of Marstok barely escape with their lives. Alone in a land of pirates, every moment balances on a knife’s edge—especially when the pirates’ next move could unleash war upon the Witchlands.


Kindle Freebies
The Sea Queen by Jovee Winters
Calypso, Queen of the Seas, is mad. Spitting mad. Ghosts of the dead are fouling her waters. She wants this problem fixed, and she wants it fixed now. Rushing off in search of Hades, Lord of the Underworld, to demand answers, she’s soon shocked to discover him bound and standing trial before a jury of his peers—for nothing less than murder. 

Calypso normally despises the beastly gods, all of them, but there’s something about seeing Hades bound as he is that gives her an evilly clever idea. Tired of being a virgin queen, she wishes to shed that boring image once and for all, and no one seems quite as fit for the task as the gorgeous and brooding Hades. Of course, there is the minor problem of murder to deal with, but Calypso is bound and determined to have her way. 

And when a dark queen gets an idea, nothing and no one can stand in her way… 

AMAZON LINK



The Wilds by Donna Augustine
My name is Dahlia but I’m called a Plaguer, a person who survived the Bloody Death. When the virus first hit the world, it ravaged the human race. I thought I was lucky to survive it but survival comes at a cost. Ever since the sickness, I see things and I’m hunted for these visions. 

Some seek me out because they want to keep their secrets safe. They don’t want the world to know the truth of what they are. Others, like Dax, want my knowledge. Dax has secrets of his own but as long as he helps me evade the Dark Walkers, he can keep them. 

This book is for all the Plaguers, the truth sayers branded and marked as liars, often hunted and sometimes forgotten. This book is for the girl who was right.

AMAZON LINK

What did you guys get this week? Let me know in the comments.

16 comments:

  1. I hope that you love Windwitch as much as I do! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really hope its good.

      Delete
  2. OOh nice ones!! I definitely liked Windwitch more than I did Truthwitch, which (lol) I kind of struggled with! So excited for Bloodwitch though!! Hope you enjoy the new lovelies!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that. I loved Truthwitch so hopefully I'll like this one more. Btw, nice pun :P

      Delete
  3. I hope you love Windwitch! Like Jessica, I liked Windwitch more than Truthwitch too! The world was really expanded and I really fell in love with the characters. However, if you really liked the romance, there's not as much in the sequel. The Sea Queen doesn't sound that bad... I just might have to download it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Im so happy to hear that. And honestly I enjoyed the friendship in the story more than the actual romance so I don't think I'll mind.
      Thanks so much for visiting Genni :)

      Delete
  4. Hope you love Windwitch! I'm dying to read it! And the covers for all those books are stunning :)

    Have a lovely week Aneta.

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to start the series soon, its a good one.
      Thanks for visiting Amy :)

      Delete
  5. I've heard great things about Windwitch, I hope you love it! Great library find! The Sea Queen is such a pretty cover and looks like a great story! Enjoy! :D

    Becky
    Stories & Sweeties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I can't wait to start reading these.

      Delete
  6. I liked Windwitch, though I liked Truthwitch more! I'm hoping Bloodwitch will be better. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fantastic week, Aneta. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa. I can't wait to start reading it

      Delete
  7. The Sea Queen and the Wilds are both new to me, but I'm loving their covers! I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on them. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I still need to read Truthwitch. Soon I hope. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we both enjoy it :)
      Thanks carole :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...