Saturday, July 22, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. With this amazing meme, you can check out which books I've gotten this past week.

From Hachette
Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper #2) by Kerri Maniscalco 
In this hotly anticipated sequel to the haunting #1 bestseller Stalking Jack the Ripper, bizarre murders are discovered in the castle of Prince Vlad the Impaler, otherwise known as Dracula. Could it be a copycat killer...or has the depraved prince been brought back to life?

Following the grief and horror of her discovery of Jack the Ripper's true identity, Audrey Rose Wadsworth has no choice but to flee London and its memories. Together with the arrogant yet charming Thomas Cresswell, she journeys to the dark heart of Romania, home to one of Europe's best schools of forensic medicine...and to another notorious killer, Vlad the Impaler, whose thirst for blood became legend.

But her life's dream is soon tainted by blood-soaked discoveries in the halls of the school's forbidding castle, and Audrey Rose is compelled to investigate the strangely familiar murders. What she finds brings all her terrifying fears to life once again.
 


Won
Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller
Perfect for fantasy fans of Sarah J. Maas and Leigh Bardugo, the first book in this new duology features a compelling gender fluid main character, impressive worldbuilding, and fast-paced action.

Sallot Leon is a thief, and a good one at that. But gender fluid Sal wants nothing more than to escape the drudgery of life as a highway robber and get closer to the upper-class―and the nobles who destroyed their home. 

When Sal steals a flyer for an audition to become a member of The Left Hand―the Queen's personal assassins, named after the rings she wears―Sal jumps at the chance to infiltrate the court and get revenge. 

But the audition is a fight to the death filled with clever circus acrobats, lethal apothecaries, and vicious ex-soldiers. A childhood as a common criminal hardly prepared Sal for the trials. And as Sal succeeds in the competition, and wins the heart of Elise, an intriguing scribe at court, they start to dream of a new life and a different future, but one that Sal can have only if they survive.


The lovely Brittany at Brittany's Book Rambles hosted a twitter chat about this book with Linsey Miller, and I was lucky enough to win a copy at the end. Thank you so much.

From Xpresso Tours 
Fate of the Stars by Arwen Paris
When the fate of the world rests upon you…

Allison Delaney wants to spend her senior year healing from the loss of her father, to leave the shadows of his death and her junior year break-down behind. A Labor Day beach party seems like a good place to start…but there’s more danger lurking than anyone could imagine. Death is coming to Earth if the pods of infectious creatures aren’t stopped. But only one human can help…

To live or die is no longer a choice.

Eenoki is a protector of life but must have a sentient host to fight the invasion. A teenage girl would not be the best choice, but out of desperation Eenoki invades Allison’s mind and body, granting her unnatural abilities and strengths – and helping her escape certain death when the first wave of pods land.

As destruction rains down on Earth’s population, Allison realizes to save everyone, she must make the ultimate choice: Reject her human side and bond with Eenoki to become the Earth’s Priestess – or be killed along with the rest of humanity.



Rowan Wood Legends (The Lost Clan #2) by Olivia Wildenstein
SOME LEGENDS ARE BETTER LEFT UNTOLD.

I wasn’t the sort of girl who believed in fairytales, let alone tales about faeries. But that changed the day Faeries came to my small town and Hunters rose from their graves. 

On that fateful day, I received a book, a peculiar collection of myths and legends. Turns out it was so much more than stories. And just as I was on the verge of unlocking its secrets, it was stolen from me by someone I called a friend. 

Now, I don’t know whom I can turn to, whom I can trust. All I know is that there are two sides, and I am straddling the great divide because I am both Faerie and Hunter. And although I swore I would never choose, I am slowly falling for one of those sides…

Fans of Karen Marie Moning's Fever series will adore Wildenstein's Lost Clan series.


What did you guys get this week? Let me know in the comments.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh Hunting Prince Dracula!! Dying to read that one!! Hopeing next month and the remaining days of September go by fast! I want to read this one so bad! Lol! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then if you can!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to love it. I thought it was waaaay better than Stalking Jack :)
      Thanks for visiting Jessica

      Delete
  2. These all look SO good! I'm especially excited to read HPD - hope you love it :)
    The cover for Rowan Wood Legends is awesome. Wow, it's so stunning and unique.

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it, it was absolutely amazing and I'm sure you'll love it as well :)
      I can't wait to read Rowan Wood Legends as well, the first book was pretty good.
      Thanks for visiting Amy :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul. I still need to read the first book in that Kerri Mancluso. Have a lovely weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You need to binge the two book when hunting prince dracula comes out, I hope you love it.
      Thanks for visiting Grace :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul! I personally didn't enjoy Mask of Shadows, but I know a lot of other people did. I hope you love it, Aneta. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I was really hoping it was good.
      I hope your next read is better than Mask of Shadows

      Delete
  5. My daughter borrowed my copy of Stalking Jack the Ripper, so I need to read that before heading to book 2. I was excited to get my ARC of Blight by Alexandra Duncan this week. Planning to read the whole thing today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have to break down and buy the first book in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series. It sounds so good! I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recognize Hunting Prince Dracula! I have it and its predecessor and I can't wait to binge-read both... probably at some point in August, at this point. I'm excited though! I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a wonderful week, Aneta. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many amazing books. I'm especially excited to hear your thoughts on Mask of Shadows and Hunting Prince Dracula - I can't wait to read both of those! <3
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...